By Shari Lopatin
Nearly 4 million women give birth in the U.S. every year, and almost a third of them will suffer pregnancy-related complications, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Prenatal care not only helps ensure those complications are caught early and treated, but can help prevent premature births. To support proper prenatal care and help women deliver healthy babies, TriWest Healthcare Alliance is now offering a new resource for military families who are expecting:
The new portal connects military families to helpful information for various stages of pregnancy, as well as for adoption. Different from other pregnancy sites, the TriWest portal offers information on TRICARE coverage and locating a nearby military clinic.
The portal includes:
- Before Pregnancy: Tips to get ready for being pregnant
- During Pregnancy: Information to keep both mom and baby healthy during pregnancy
- After Delivery: Resources to help keep you and your baby healthy and safe
- New Baby and Child Care: Resources for well-baby care, safety, emergency care, stages of development
- Tools for New Dads: What to expect during the pregnancy and keeping involved
- Adoption: TRICARE benefits information; military adoption resources
Other Benefits of the Portal
In addition to educating families on the importance of prenatal care, the portal provides access to resources for early childhood development, creating a safe and hazard-free environment and well-baby care.
“This can be a very happy, busy, and possibly emotional time for a military family,” said Dr. Frank Maguire, Senior Vice-President of Health Care Services and Chief Medical Officer of TriWest. “The Pregnancy and Parenting Portal was developed to help educate families on the importance of prenatal care, as well as smooth the transition of welcoming a new child into the world.”
Find the new Pregnancy and Parenting Portal at www.triwest.com/pregnancy.
[Please feel free to copy and paste this post into YOUR blog, to help educate other military families!]